14 years ago today my avatar, Caroline Apollo, rezzed in Linden Lab’s Second Life. My one regret is that I didn’t become a Lifetime Member when it was offered. I just didn’t see myself staying around for long. I came up with a list of the 14 things that I love about Second Life. I am sure that I am missing a few, but this is off the top of my head. This is in no particular order.
- Becoming a Truth and Glam Affair blogger. I have loved these brands for so long. And to be on the blog team was a huge thrill! I love all of the brands I blog!
- All of the crazy and fun times with friends being silly. The social bonds keep me coming back. I do miss the friends from my first years that quit logging in. But I have become closer with friends like Gogo, Betty, and Ane.
- Mesh. Wow did that change Second Life. We save on land impact and can rez more decor. The mesh clothes, hair, bodies, and heads have just had such an impact on Second Life.
- Bento. Hand gestures, hair designs, better facial expressions, individuality with our faces are possible with bento.
- Gacha. I LOVE playing gacha. (<3 DustBunny)
- Removal of taxes. Thank you, Linden Labs, for stopping the ridiculous taxing.
- Removal of teleport fee. Can you imagine paying to teleport?
- Windlight. Without it our pictures and our views would be flat.
- Owning my very own sim. I can remember the day I got it. And the friends I have made through it.
- Experience of being a creator. I started creating jewelry not long after joining Second Life. I stopped in early 2014. People still buy it on Marketplace. I’m not sure why though.
- Plurk. Even though some residents no longer login to Second Life they are still present on Plurk. I am also able to keep up with new releases and events. I don’t really read feeds. If it isn’t on Plurk or Flickr I will probably miss it.
- Freedom to do whatever. Build, take pictures, make friends, there is no goal.
- Animals like KittyCats. First, I love cats irl. Having animated cats in Second Life makes me happy!
- Creators. I love you guys. Thank you for making my home and myself so pretty.
Credits after the cut: